Sunday 11 November 2012

Bec - More animation

Ferris Wheel for Plains level. Patterns on the inside and bottom of the carts too.


Here's a whale intended to roam the background of the Underwater level. Ot's meant to be blurred and just something to have floating around in the distance. Many thanks to Darren and Matt who helped out with the constraints and how to go about the rig. Actually, now that I mention it I should thank them also for the kelp (which I spent ages on trying to figure out how to attach floating controls to an IK spline rig - only to realise I could achieve the same result solely animating the bones), and the tent which had a problem where one side was invisble depending on where one looks.


Something I played around with in class was a 2D animation of a squid. Originally it was meant to swim around blurred in the background but I found a couple issues with it when I was done. Firstly, it was a 2D asset among 3D ones and this would have stood out. Secondly, the animation is a bit jerky and rough. It was a while since I used Flash and it's not quite so simple to work with. Thirdly, the methods to translate the squid animation into Unity are tedious and I'm not even sure I fully understand some of them. Plus, one of the methods required the animation to come out with a large file aize which is not ideal for a minor background asset for our game.
So here's something I made as a semi-replacement:

A slightly transparent jellyfish. Because why not?

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment